We are seeking an Electrical / Instrumentation Technician to:
- Build, test, install, troubleshoot and repair developmental and production electronic circuitry and devices;
- Undertake work in a workshop environment as well as on site (as required) for maintenance, installation and commissioning activities;
- Assist with the maintenance of existing weighing and loading control systems installed throughout Australia. Our systems consist of both vendor supplied and in-house developed hardware and software.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining or resource industry;
- Experience with instrumentation and automation
- Driver’s license;
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering, mathematics, physics and electrical circuitry, as well as electronic and electrical testing;
- Ability to understand schematics;
- Willingness to commit to site visits (up to 12 weeks in a year usually in less than 1 week stints);
- Ability to confidently work alongside other workers on site i.e. electricians, rail workers, labourers and other trade disciplines;
- Ability to confidently represent Meridian Engineers on site and liaise professionally with clients and client representatives;
- Ability to work well both alone and in a team;
- A professional approach;
- Good problem-solving abilities and communication skills;
- Australian Permanent Resident status.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Leading Hand
- Programming skills, PLC knowledge;
- Operate computers using Windows based operating systems and software (MS Word, MS Excel etc).
Job benefits and perks
- Above average remuneration with flexible working hours for the right applicant;
- Opportunities to work on projects abroad and domestically for Australia’s premier resource companies including BHP, Rio Tinto, BMA, Glencore, FMG, Aurizon and Yancoal;
- Support for ongoing professional development;
- On the job training of our technology and business processes;
- Permanent staff position in Osborne Park, WA;
- Modern office environment with pleasant working conditions.