We are seeking a software engineer with excellent software development skills to join our rapidly growing team of skilled engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancements and modifications of our client facing web portal.
- Enhancements and modifications of our internal web-based business systems.
- Optimising Data flows and SQL databases
- Develop and perform analytics on weighbridge performance.
- Assist with the maintenance of existing systems installed throughout Australia. Our systems consist of both vendor supplied and in-house developed hardware and software. Most systems run on embedded real time platforms.
- Confidently represent Meridian Engineers at technical meetings with clients.
- Provide technical client support in a rotating after hours schedule.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related field
- SQL query writing with focus on query performance
- .Net Web Development
- great programming/scripting skills
- Be capable of identifying and communicating issues with software and processes.
- Ability to work well both alone and in a team.
- A professional approach.
- Good problem-solving abilities, technical writing skills and communication skills.
- Must have PR status.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- .NET Core
- VB.Net / VBA
Job benefits and perks
- Above average remuneration with flexible working hours for the right applicant.
- Opportunities to work on projects abroad and domestically for Australia’s premier resource companies including BHP, Rio Tinto, BMA, Glencore, FMG, Aurizon and Yancoal.
- Support for ongoing professional development.
- On the job training of our technology and business processes.
- Permanent staff position in Osborne Park WA.
- Modern office environment with pleasant working conditions.
- Close to public transport.