We are seeking an experienced Electrical/ Systems Engineer with excellent software development skills to join our rapidly growing team of skilled engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be part of a dedicated team of software engineers to develop next generation train weighing and train loading software applications;
- Assist with the maintenance of existing systems installed throughout Australia. Our systems consist of both vendor supplied and in-house developed hardware and software. Most systems run on embedded real time platforms;
- Assist in the testing and simulation of new systems;
- Assist in preparation of tender submissions;
- Undertake site work (up to 12 weeks in a year usually in less than 1 week stints) typically for commissioning new projects;
- Confidently represent Meridian Engineers at technical meetings with clients;
- Provide technical client support in a rotating after hours schedule.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Electrical Engineering degree;
- 5 years post tertiary qualification experience;
- Proven programming ability in either C, C++ ;
- Experience with embedded hardware systems;
- Ability to work well both alone and in a team;
- A professional approach;
- Good problem solving abilities, technical writing skills and communication skills;
- C grade driver’s license (WA);
- Must have PR status.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Project Management competency;
- Ability to confidently direct workers on site i.e. electricians, rail workers, labourers and other trade disciplines;
- RPEQ Certification in Electrical Engineering;
- LabVIEW programming experience;
- PLC programming.
Job benefits and perks
- Above average remuneration with flexible working hours for the right applicant
- Opportunities to work on projects abroad and domestically for Australia’s premier resource companies including BHP, Rio Tinto, BMA, Glencore, FMG, Aurizon and Yancoal
- Support for ongoing professional development
- On the job training of our technology and business processes;
- Permanent staff position in Osborne Park WA;
- Modern office environment with pleasant working conditions;
- Close to public transport.